Chinese BBQ Port (Char Siu) literally means “fork burn/roast” (Char being fork and siu being burn/roast) after the traditional cooking method for the dish: long strips of seasoned boneless pork are skewered with long forks and placed in a covered oven or over a fire. The meat, typically a shoulder cut of domestic pork is seasoned with a mixture of honey, five-spice powder, fermented tofu, dark soy sauce, hoisin sauce, red food colouring and sherry or rice wine. These seasonings turn the exterior layer of the meat dark red, similar to the “smoke ring” of American barbecues.
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 green onions
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 20 ml rice wine
- 1 bottle of pork sauce
- Bought dry cleaned pork tenderloin cut into strips of water, and use scissors to cut the surface of the white fascia; peeled ginger into pieces, onion cut into sections alternate.
- Take a large sealed box, put into boxes of pork, then add the ginger and spring onion, pork sauceand rice wine into the grasp uniform, it is best to make the meat are soaked in the village remember pork sauce.
- Sealed box lid cover, refrigerate 1 day, about half-way out the meat of the flip open, so tasty scallionevenly and remove throw.
- After curing out in the shop within a foil pan, then roast the meat on the Internet, will be roasted on a grid in the oven to dry 15 minutes after the brush a layer of sauce are dropping honey, and then topan for a clean aluminum foil.
- The lower the pan into the oven, put the meat grill up the middle to 180 degrees bake 20 minutes after removal, brush a layer of marinated meat sauce, a little dry and then brush a layer of honey.
- Brush the meat will turn a good side and then into the oven to 180 degrees, continue baking 20 minutes, then brush out 2 times a honey again, then bake for 10 minutes about the best you can.
Now ready to serve!