You might be thinking that making lobster at home feels like an overwhelming feat, but you’d be wrong. It doesn’t have to be hard or take hours to prepare. In fact, it can be surprisingly easy.
Here’s a recipe that is simple to pull together and require minimal prep time. Read on to learn how you can easily make your own lobster dish.
Ingredients(serves 2 adults):
- For grapefruit butter: 1 pink grapefruit (juice and zest), 50g butter
- For lobster: 4 new potatoes, 2 small lobster (cooked), 2 spring onions (chopped), olive oil, 1 lemon (zest and juice), 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Put the grapefruit juice and zest into a small pan and, over a low heat, reduce it to a couple of tablespoons. Sieve to remove the zest and cool.
- Beat the grapefruit juice into the softened butter with seasoning. Roll into a log shape and wrap tightly in cling film. Chill or freeze until needed.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes until just cooked. Drain and crush them, and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the claws them and pulling it out in pieces. Flake the claw meat into large chunks, discarding any membrane.
- To remove the tail meat, cut down the middle of the inside shell with scissors and peel it back, pulling out the meat in one piece. Trim the frayed bit of meat and cut the tails in half. Set aside.
- Fry the spring onion in olive oil, add the crushed potatoes and salt. Add the lemon zest and juice, a pinch of ground black pepper, the coriander and a drizzle of olive oil. Add the lobster claw meat to the pan and mix well.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the centre of plate, using a 10cm ring to shape.
- Take the two lobster tail halves, and arrange tails on top of the potato mixture.
- Pre-heat the grill.
Just before serving add a slice of the grapefruit butter to each dish between the lobster tail topping, and place under the grill for a minute to melt the butter. Now ready to serve!