Egg Rolls are very common and popular across many countries. They are easy to make and you’ll instantly fall in love with them!
- 1 package frozen egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 head of large cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, shredded
1. Cook ground pork until well done. Let cool slightly. Combine
cabbage, green onions, and carrot in a large bowl. Add pork and
remaining seasonings and blend well.
2. Clear a good sized area to work and have handy a napkin and small
bowl of clean water. Lay about 4 wrappers on the counter and cut
each in half. Place 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of each
wrapper. Roll wrapper according to package directions, dipping your
fingertips in the water to seal eggroll wrapper. Place finished
eggrolls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
3. When all eggrolls are finished, place cookie sheet in freezer for
1-2 hours until they are semi-frozen. At this point you can place
them in zip lock bags and freeze them for later use, or remove from
freezer for frying.
4. Preheat deep fryer to 375F. Place eggrolls, one at a time, in hot
oil allowing each to fry for about 30 seconds before adding another.
This will avoid having them stick together. Fry 4-5 minutes, or until
golden brown. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve with Chinese
mustard and sweet and sour sauce for dipping.